A blog about me being myself. Expressing my thoughts and feelings, and letting you see what I am like as well.
Little boy goes off on his mom for getting pregnant
omg everything about this video is the best thing about this video
- "THIS IS EXASPERATING"
- "why do you wanna get another baby and replace one of your babies, there’s too much!!!"
- *suspiciously* “what kind of baby is this?”
- "ugh, boys’ crying is even worse […] when I saw a baby crying at my school, I just heard the crying and I was like UGH, that’s even worser than [little sister]’s crying!"
- his little sister is darling
- HIS MOM IS SO ADORABLE AND SO GREAT AND CLEARLY TRYING NOT TO DIE LAUGHING
- and she agrees to buy him earplugs omfg
when ur followers reblog something from you and add terrible commentary
So, i read this awful article using bathroom “scare tactics,” which was claiming that trans women are potential rapists. “Men” who dress as women to gain access to women only spaces and force them self on women. This really upset me and i had a bit of a Twitter rant. They were read by others and i was urged to post them in other media also, so i am posting them here. (Edited together in easy reading format from top to bottom.)
This is the link in the first tweet about how there are no cases of a trans woman attacking a cis woman in public restrooms: Link 1.
This is the link in the second tweet about the cases where trans people are assaulted in the bathroom by cis people: Link 2.
if you’re cis and you follow me i’m gonna need you to reblog this
don’t care if you’re cis or trans, this is important.
Guys, please take care of yourselves. Eat if you haven’t eaten. Sleep if you need to. Take a mental health day. Do what you need to do. But put yourself first when necessary.
Badass women of the future:
- Malavath Poorna, the youngest person ever to reach Mount Everest’s summit at the age of 13 years, 11 months
Ann Makosinksi, Canadian inventor of a flashlight powered strictly by body heat at age 16
Mo’Ne Davis, first girl to throw a Little League World Series shutout in history, with fastballs reaching speeds of up to 70mph, at age 13
Alia Sabur, youngest university professor in the world, appointed to Konkuk University in South Korea at age 18
Asia Newson, owning and operating a candle sales business alongside her father, is Detroit’s youngest entrepreneur at age 10
I remember when I was a kid watching Digimon and saw Patamon do this
I was like
feel free to add in any links!
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.