A blog about me being myself. Expressing my thoughts and feelings, and letting you see what I am like as well.
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
the older i get
the more i realize the value of privacy
of cultivating your circle and only letting certain people in
you can be open, honest, and real while still understanding not everyone deserves a seat at the table of your life
You ain’t got people legitimately denying you job and educational opportunities because of the fact that you are thin.
You will not have people taking your picture in disgust and have them use it as ‘motivation’ to not be like you.
You are represented in all forms of media in an overwhelmingly POSITIVE light.
Plain and simple. There is no place in this world where thin people are not put up as the ideal.
So can we stop acting as if someone being individually teased for being skinny is the same as the systematic way that fat people are told their bodies are always wrong because morality?
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
Robyn Lawley, Jada Sezer, and Gabi Gregg for Swimsuits For All.
Now THIS is how you sell a fucking bikini.
WHAT WHAT LEGIT CHUBBY GIRLS IN ADS?! NOT JUST HOLLYWOOD CHUBBY BUT FOR REALS CHUBBY THANK YOU BLESS
(Models Shareefa J, Robyn Lawley, Jada Sezer and fashion blogger Gabi Gregg)
Smooth!!!! I love my people.
WHIP! AYEE!!!! (I’ve watched this shit 20x someone please help)